Marshall County Supervisor of Assessments
122 North Prairie St.
P.O. Box 328
Lacon, IL 61540
Phone: (309) 246-2350
Office Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Perform an Assessor Inquiry
- PTAX-300 Non-Homestead Property Tax Exemption
- PTAX-300-FS Federal-State Agency Property Tax Exemption
- PTAX-300-R Religious Property Tax Exemption
Freedom of Information Act Posting
The function of the Marshall County Assessor’s Office is to administer an accurate, equitable and timely assessment of all real property in Marshall County. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Monitor and comply with the Illinois State Statutes and the Illinois Department of Revenue procedures. Serve as clerk of the Board of Review.
- Process assessment information gathered by the Township Assessors and calculate the initial assessed valuations.
- Issue parcel identification numbers and maintain aerial tax maps.
- Apply qualified exemptions. Mail notices and publish assessment changes as required by statute.
- Certification of the completed assessment roll to the Board of Review to facilitate tax calculation and billing as required by statute.
Assessments Operating Budget: $97,900.00
Mapping & GIS Operating Budget: $58,759.00
Board of Review Operating Budget: $4,200.00
The Supervisor of Assessments Office is staffed by two full time employees, the Supervisor of Assessments and Chief Deputy. The Board of Review consists of three part-time members.
The following types of records are available and under the control of this office:
* Property record cards
* Administrative Files
* Office Budget
* Parcel Assessment Information
The Freedom of Information Act Officer for the Marshall County Supervisor of Assessments Office is Tricia Welsh, Supervisor of Assessments. Written requests for information should be addressed to:
Supervisor of Assessments
122 N Prairie Street, PO BOX 328
Lacon, IL 61540